Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Weekly Inspiration: SheReadsTruth


I am inspired by so many things lately, the amazing people around me, Minnesota winter sunsets, and simple pinterest quotes that make me smile and think. But, the reason why I want to slowdown an sip my coffee a little longer everyday is SheReadsTruth. This website (and now iphone and android app) is a daily devotional that provides bible verses accompanied by short posts written by real women who have families and friends and struggles. 


SheReadsTruth inspires me for many, many reasons, but 2 reasons in particular. The first being I wake up and read the word of God everyday. I read what he wants from me, how I should act, and reminds me that His word is so beautiful and powerful. That reminder, everyday, keeps my faith strong the the word of God in the forefront of my mind.

Secondly, the writers are real women who are actively discovering and living through the grace of God. The post that sticks out in mind as one that really made me think was from the "O Come, Let Us Adore Him" devotional program. Day 9 was titled 'A Repentant Heart', it discussed the story of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32). For anyone unfamiliar with the story please click the link, it is well worth the short read. I had heard/read this story at least a dozen times before reading that post, until that post I always looked at the story from the position of father and well behaved son, but after reading the SheReadsTruth devotional I saw the passage differently. Maybe I wasn't the father who had to forgive others, but the prodigal son who needed to repent. One single post reminded me that even if I knew all the major stories of Bible (which I probably don't), I am never done learning from them. 

I strongly encourage everyone and anyone to at least check out the SheReadsTruth website, Facebook page, and Instagram, as well as download the smartphone apps! 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment