Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year Motivation

As this new year starts and I have to get back to colleges classes tomorrow, I need a little motivation.

I spent the last 4 months traveling and learning in Europe and the past 3 weeks relaxing with family, my boyfriend, and my roommates, but now it is back to reality. I have to look for summer internships, go to work, go to class, volunteer, and have a social life. As an introvert, these things can be very stressful for me. 

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.


This passage from the book of Joshua the Lord appoints Joshua as a leader after Moses had died. God gives Joshua instructions and tells him not fear because God is with him. God has not appointed me to lead a country (at least I don't think so), but I believe that he has commanded me, and all believers, to share his word and live fearlessly through him. 


When I am hesitant about joining in during a group discussion or nervous about a test or interview I know that "the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  This will be the Bible verse that will give a confidence boost throughout this year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment