Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Do not fear bad news! Psalms 112:7

Bad news can come in so many forms, too many forms in my opinion.  Bad news could be as simple as a huge reading assignment for a weekend; as disappointing as a job rejection; or as devastating as the death of a loved one. What makes our Lord amazing is that he takes care of us through the bad news.



Psalms 112 tells us to praise the Lord, but also tells us the benefits of praising, loving, and trusting the Lord.  Psalms 112:7 says that if we fear you Lord we should trust him and not be afraid of the bad news. That is much easier said than done.
I am a chronic worrier, a worry wort as it is known in my family. More times than not, I worry about things that are out of my control. This Psalm reminds me, even on my most stressful,  my most worry filled, days that the Lord is taking care of me. I should trust him to take of me because he always has and he always will.
My heart is steadfast in the Lord, I trust him, and I will not fear bad, for I know he is taking care of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment